Recipe from http://goodelicious.blogspot.com
This is one of my favorite dishes, so I googled the recipe! Nestum Butter Prawn is a relatively new Malaysian creation – combining the best of Malay, Chinese, Indian, and western ingredients, this is a knockout dish in terms of taste, smell, and presentation.
- 500gm - unshelled large prawns
- 1tbsp - oil
- 3 tsp MAGGI liquid seasoning
- 150g butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 100gm - Butter
- ¼ cup - Milk
- 2 sprigs - curry leaves
- 2 - Chilli padi chopped
- Light Soy Sauce
- 5tbsp - Nestum
- 1tbsp - Brown Sugar
- Chilli curls and spring onion to garnish.
- Trim and clean prawns but do not remove the tails. Marinate the prawns in the oil and 3 tsp MAGGI liquid seasoning for 30 minutes then deep fry them.
- Part B for the Egg Floss, Melt the butter in a pan, pour the eggs through a perforated spoon into the pan and fry until yellow . The egg will cook into threads then scoop them out gently.
- Part C, Melt the butter, add chilli padi, soy sauce and curry leaves fry until aromatic. Once fragrant, put in the brown sugar and fry for a while until half melt and quickly pour in the Nestum
- Then add prawn and stir until the sugar is mixing well with the Nestum
- Serve garnished with chilli curls and spring onion.