Hello people! I don't really know how many of you out there are actual regular readers of my blog... but if you are, thank you! I don't think I have blogged in the past two weeks.. oh wait, let me check my last post, yess.. June 13 and it's now July 1 so yes, I have slacked big time. I suppose life has taken over, and I've decided to take a bit of a "break" and enjoy my meals without stressing over aperture and shutter speed and lighting.. and now that I am getting more and more pregnant by the day, carrying a DSLR camera and bag just seems too much of a hassle these days.
BUT! I've got news to share - so here I am blogging! A non-blog post if that makes sense...
I'm going to KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA for a holiday on the 4th of August!! 34 more days to go... yippee!
Yayyy I am soooo excited. I actually bought my plane ticket more than a year ago while it was very cheap, but obviously I didn't know then that I was going to be pregnant. So I have been undecided about whether I should go or not, but just a week ago I've made the final decision to just GO! After all, I'll only be 5 months pregnant so it's OK to travel. It's only a 6-day trip so it's not too intense. I won't be flying to Kuching (my hometown) so my parents and sisters will join me in KL. As long as I plan my itinerary and make sure I get enough rest during the day, I should be fine! Plus, this will be my last trip to KL without a young child tagging along... so I should enjoy the freedom while I still can!
I am so excited, I have already planned my entire itinerary which roughly consists of the following:
- An average of only 2-3 hours of shopping per day
- At least 3 hours to take a nap / relax in the hotel swimming pool each day
- Restaurants I will visit:
- El Cerdo for Crispy Suckling Piglet
|(Photo from various bloggers)|
- Imbi Palace for Dim Sum
- Levain for Hi Tea (macarons!)
- Jalan Alor for Malaysian Street Food inc Ikan Bakar, Nasi Lemak, etc
- Other randoms inc Chinese BBQ, Prawn Claypot Noodles, Bak Kut Teh, etc.
- At least two nights just relaxing at the movies (at RM10 per movie ticket aka AUD 3 per ticket, how can I not?! Movie tickets in Australia is currently AUD 18. What a rip off in comparison)
- A trip to the hair salon (again, soooo much cheaper in Malaysia compared to Australia!)
- Karaoke with my girlfriends
So basically a majority of my trip would involve food. I will be staying in a hotel right in the heart of a busy shopping and restaurant precinct so I don't have to go very far at all! I suppose the only question I ask myself now would be... to DSLR or to not DSLR? I would really hate to carry a DSLR camera bag around in the hot and humid Malaysian weather... but if I don't, I might totally regret all the photo opportunities I could be missing out on! 34 days to decide... :)