Hello everyone! I'm writing from my cousin's place in Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia. Today is my last day here in KL and I'm just killing some time at her place due to absolute exhaustion (and satisfaction) and no longer have the urge nor need to shop until I literally drop... hehe. Staying at the Dorsett Regency KL in the popular Bukit Bintang area meant everything was within close proximity and shopping malls and food places were conveniently located within walking distance.
It's been a wonderful trip, did LOTS of eating so I thought I'd write a quick blog post to summarize all the upcoming food blog posts which will be published here on Kimba's Kitchen over the next few weeks:
- Day One: Dinner at El Cerdo at Werner's Place (restaurant specializing in pork dishes - blog post will include a review of their Whole Suckling Pig, German Crispy Pork Knuckle and other dishes)
- Day Two: Breakfast @ Dorsett Regency KL (Room Service) featuring Nasi Lemak and Lunch @ Heritage Food Village at Lot 10 - indoor hawker styled food court.
- Day Two: Dinner @ Ramadhan Buffet Dorsett Regency KL
- Day Three: Lunch @ Pavilion Food Court featuring Nasi Lemak and Yong Tau Fu
- Day Three: Dinner @ Esquire Kitchen, Sungei Wang Plaza - authentic Chinese cuisine
- Day Four: Brunch @ Restoran Chuan Hupp, Bandar Baru Ampang - Sarawak Kolo Mee and Sarawak Laksa in KL!
- Day Four: Hi Tea @ Levain Boulangerie and Patisserie - featuring freshly baked pastries and macarons and other desserts
- Day Five: Brunch Dim Sum @ Imbi Palace Restaurant - featuring some classic authentic dim sum dishes
- Day Five: Dinner @ Restoran Sun Fong Bak Kut Teh - featuring Bak Kut Teh, Steamed Fish Head and other authentic Chinese dishes
- Day Five: Supper @ Jalan Imbi Chinese Hawker Stalls - featuring street food e.g. Satay, Yong Tau Fu, Chicken Wings, Char Kuay Teow, etc.
- Day Five: After Supper @ SS2 Durian Buffet - featuring the king of all fruits, DURIANS!
Day Six: Lunch @ Heritage Food Village (Round 2) and Kuih Muih at The Mall Shopping Centre, PWTC - featuring Malay cakes and Ramadhan "breaking fast" selection of foods.
- Day Six: Dinner @ New Restaurant Ipoh Chicken Rice, Sri Petaling
Bookmark this page / blog post as there will be links associated as I publish each entry! Will wait until I get back to Melbourne to edit photos and start the first few blog posts... :)